Oct. 1, 2021
Dear Kundalini Yoga and Sikh Dharma Communities,
Sunday, September 26th marked the first meeting of the Compassionate Reconciliation Commission (CRC). This first gathering – occurring over Zoom across multiple time zones in three continents – was the culmination of work by over a hundred community members in numerous advisory teams, in educating themselves on reconciliation, pursuing deep dialogue, learning facilitation skills, and ultimately selecting their CRC representatives. For each of the CRC representatives themselves, the meeting marks the beginning of a courageous walk into uncharted terrain within their communities. The structure of the CRC can be viewed in our previous communication here. We are bringing the extended team together (primary and back-up members) initially, as we undertake the important work of building group relationships and agreements. Thereafter we will move to meetings with the primary 13 members for efficiency in group process.
This first CRC meeting was 4 hours long and had the following agenda (Pacific Time):
11:00 am: Welcome and Introduction
- Introductions/Opening Round
- Setting the Context of the CRC
11:50 am: Hopes and Fears
- Activity and discussion: what hopes and fears do you bring to this process?
1:10 pm: Generating Group Guidelines
- Facilitated discussion
2:30 pm: Next Steps
- Confirming steps for next meeting
Over the coming weeks, we will be sharing many more details regarding the composition of the CRC and the process they are undertaking in service to their global community members.
The CRC will play a vital role in the work ahead, but their success will also depend on the support and goodwill of all those impacted by this moment in the community. As we enter this important phase of the Compassionate Reconciliation process, we invite you to reflect on the question: what does it mean for you personally to align yourself with the cause of reconciliation?
Upcoming Events Open to all Community Members
For more information on these offerings, please see this previous update (scroll to the bottom)
Circle Facilitation, 2-day Training:
- Friday- Saturday, October 22-23, 2021, 9:00 a.m. PT – 4:00 p.m. PT/4:00 p.m. GMT – 11 p.m. GMT. Click here to register.
- Monday-Tuesday, December 6-7 & 13-14, 2021, 7:00 a.m. PT – 10:30 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. GMT – 5:30 p.m. GMT. Click here to register
Introduction to Restorative Justice Workshop (4-hours):
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 5:00 PM PT/12 AM GMT. Click here to register.
- Friday, October 15, 2021, 8:00 AM PT/3:00 PM GMT. Click here to register.
- Monday, November 15, 2021, 4:00 PM PT/11 PM GMT. Click here to register.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 9:00 AM PT/2:00 PM GMT. Click here to register.
Yours in kindness, compassion, and gratitude,
Catherine Bargen, Matthew Hartman, Cara Walsh, Aaron Lyons, and our extended Just Outcomes Team
Sign up here to receive regular updates from Just Outcomes about the Compassionate Reconciliation Project. By signing up you will receive updates about Compassionate Reconciliation only.